August 05, 2011

Part 4 - Back to college in Ghana. Teil 4 - Zurück zur Uni nach Ghana.

This trip topped it all so far. I am taking part in an on-the-job college program, which happened to lead me to Ghana, a country I've never been to. As you know me, I was certainly looking forward to this new experience. My impressions: great people, especially my fellow students, sombering former slave castles, bustling marketplaces, many churches and much Christian influence on daily life, as well as a year's diet of rice, eggs and beans. Would I want to move there? No. Would I choose to visit again? Definitely!

Das war bisher der Höhepunkt meiner Reisen. Ich absolviere derzeit ein berufsbegleitendes Studium, was mich nun also nach Ghana, einem mir unbekannten Land, führen sollte. Wie ihr mich sicherlich kennt, war ich freudig-gespannt, was mich erwarten würde. Meine Eindrücke: tolle Leute, vor allem meine Mitstudenten, düstere ehemalige Sklavenburgen, lebendige Marktplätze, viele Kirchen und christlicher Einfluss im Alltag, sowie genug Reis, Eier und Bohnen gegessen, um ein Jahr auszukommen. Würde ich dorthin ziehen wollen? Nein. Würde ich wieder zu Besuch kommen? Auf jeden Fall!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Great to be able to be part of your trip to Ghana!

Frank said...

Thanks, it was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime trip!